11.07.2006

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Ok, ok...I have to admit, I used to love Britney. I liked her songs, I liked her dancing, and I always accepted the fact that she was more Paula Abdul than Madonna. WOW! SHEESH! That is my surprised look as the stories begin about Brit's newest divorce. Oops she did it again, indeed. But let me ask, Popsters, is this the story of a marketing machine that simply needed to be married in order to pop out two kids relatively legitimately before going back into the studios (if so, sister, learn from Madonna and at least get a hot, in shape donor for goodness sakes)? Is this a country girl who will always be a little bit country (bare feet, trailor and all) and not enough rock 'n roll? Or is this someone who really has some talent but it's been over-protected and all-consumed by the all-powerful money-making organism? Rox thinks it's a combo. But can Brit have a second-coming a la Mariah or Weird Al? Or is all of the tabloid gymnastics so toxic that it really is her against the music at this point? I would be so cliche if I were to reference her soon-to-be-ex's musical, um, career so even Rox won't be that shallow...oh, hell, of course I will. K-Fed? It would be so easy for Rox to call him K-Mart, K-Tel or KDead but I am far too proper to stoop to such depths (eh hem). Was she really in love or did she need an escape? Her last record of new material actually had some huge HITS on it -- "Toxic" even won a GRAMMY mylantageorgia! (But Paula also has won a GRAMMY -- for her video with the cat...meow.) Anywho, here's to Britney ... may you find peace, learn not to chew gum during important career-altering national interviews, wear shoes at all times, and may you learn something from Madge about the power of motherhood and independence. We'd rather see you cranking out hits (and fewer children) than read that you'll soon be hosting "America's Next Top Farmer" or VH1's "Where Are They Now?" Rox can only be soooo patient, darling. We'll root for you, baby, one more time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course Britney can and will come back.

Britney, we need you!

About Roxie

My photo
Los Angeles/Palm Springs, California, United States
Be. Differently.
Powered By Blogger