11.06.2006

She's My Idol!!

So I got the chance to hang with Kelly Clarkson in our nation's Capitol (yes, DC, you scary people) in September (and Rox promised to talk about it but simply forgot -- thanks for reminding me in your comments ... you people aren't shy, are you??! Love it!). Anywho, I hung out with her for the day and heard some of her new stuff from her upcoming album (the pic to the left is of Kelly with her manager and her stylist/bff). Let me tell you this: that girl is as talented as she is sassy-cool! The new stuff takes her "Breakaway" material and steps it up a notch on the writing, the musicality and, of course, the voice! If you love KC or even if you sorta like her you are going to love this new material. They're hoping to get the album out this coming spring so Rox will keep you posted on any new developments. She and I were talking and she told me that she had just cut her hair because she got so hot on tour. Never one to avoid stating the obvious, I told Ms. Independent that her year has been amazing. She hit me in the arm and laughed with that "bless your heart" sorta chuckle. She told me the best part was winning two GRAMMYs in February. She told me, "(Rox), I used to go into my room and sing into my hair brush -- at the tops of my lungs -- pretending I was singing on the GRAMMY Awards!" Well, girl, put the brush away 'cause you have a stylist now...polish up them there GRAMMY Awards, and fine-tune that new album 'cause since you've been gone we've been a mess. (FYI, look out for Kelly's appearance on the queen of country -- and bad sitcom TV -- Reba's upcoming Duets album ... the track is awesome!!!) More later, Rox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And I might add, you have made me very excited for next year with this one post. I know that sounds pretty sad, but it's not. There's just a lot of good music (hopefully) coming out in the first half of next year.

Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of you.

About Roxie

My photo
Los Angeles/Palm Springs, California, United States
Be. Differently.
Powered By Blogger